Pub Quiz For Cape Town - Makhaza
This Monday evening we've got a special lockdown treat for you. We've asked pub quiz master Jon Keevy to host a special charity edition for us.
The Devil's Peak and Vredehoek chapters of the Cape Town Together movement have joined forces to raise funds and secure food for some of the most vulnerable Khayelitsha communities in Makhaza during the COVID-19 pandemic. Entry fees for the pub quiz will go towards food parcels that can provide a family of about 8 people for a month.
We’ve gathered some of your favourite Cape Town things as grand prizes and random raffle draws. Who knows, your repository of random knowledge may get you a table at Belly of the Beast!
It’s as fun and as easy as it sounds, and it’s all for a great cause, because we are Stronger Together.
- 1st Prize
- A case on Reyneke wine
- R500 to the Station on Bree
- A round of drinks at the Gin Bar
- R300 voucher to Kleinsky's Deli
- 2nd Prize
- R500 voucher to El Burro Mercado
- R250 voucher to the Station on Bree
- 3rd Place
- R500 to Gelato De Nata
- A pair of polarized Ballo sunglasses valued at R1500.
- Lunch for 2 at Belly of the Beast
- Free Haircut at Pause
- Free 60 minute Treatment from Reflexology Clinic
- R400 voucher to Plantify
- R250 voucher to Station on Bree
- Breakfast for 2 at Pilcrow and Cleaver
- Creamery vouchers
- 10 movies pass at the Labia
- 2 Necklaces from Pichulik
- 1 Shopper bag made from recycled PET plastic bottles and one collapsible STOJO coffee cup from PETCO.
When is this fantastic event?
7pm Monday, April 27th.
How do I sign up and participate?
To sign up, purchase an entry for your team here. It's R150 per team. Teams can be 1-6 people. You can pay by EFT and Visa/MC using the Peach Payments option. You can also select SnapScan and the QR code will be mailed to you. We'll add you to the mailing list and will email you the day of the event to remind you to show up to https://twitch.tv/jonkeevy at 7pm, Monday. Alternatively you can show up to the event live and pay using SnapScan.
How is scoring tracked?
You will keep track of your own score but you'll need to type in your answers to a Google form as we go. We'll explain this further in the email that will go out Monday ahead of the quiz.
More about our host Jon Keevy
Beyond hosting Let’s Get Quizzical, Jon Keevy is a writer who dabbles in a bit of everything. He’s written about a dozen plays (he’s bad at keeping track) from serious solo shows to raunchy sketch comedies, he’s done a handful of short films, and spent half-a-year writing a fantasy novel about rebels and sentient plants.